Release of CAST AI agent and “Savings” feature2021-04-02
Launched an agent to connect the EKS cluster (that was not created by CAST AI) to our console. Users can now connect clusters in read-only mode and use the “Savings” feature to analyze proposed optimizations and their impact on the cloud bill.
Revamped dashboard UI.
Node interruptions made visible in the logs data via Audit log UI.
Canada East (Montréal) is now a supported region in our cluster creation flow.
Fixed minor bugs.
Improved GCP credentials creation & Launch of CAST CLI2021-03-22
We have simplified the user credentials creation process for GCP.
You can now control your clusters using our own Command Line Interface (CLI). Read more about the beta version and install it!
Improved handling of Kubernetes nodes and load balancers, so the status of the nodes is tracked, and load balancers are removed when appropriate.
Improved Unschedulable Pods policy to peak in to the future and consider nodes that are being created.
- Now users can process subscription payments without leaving our console.
Improved structure of our documentation; check it at docs.cast.ai.
Updated UI elements in our console and, as always, our team shipped some bug-fixes.
Launched the status page so our customers can check the health of our platform.
Master Node Configuration & General Improvements2021-02-12
- Now you can Add/Remove additional master nodes on the live cluster. Convert a single non-high availability control plane to 1, 3, or 5 nodes and vice versa.
- The newly updated and easier to understand policy is now included as part of our Unschedulable Pods policy configuration. Read more in our documentation.
- Digital Ocean cluster deletion is improved by handling dependencies timing better.
- Other small and various improvements.
New Upgrades & Visible Improvements2021-01-29
- We upgraded Kubernetes to version 1.19 and bumped Cilium up to version 1.9. Take it for a spin here.
- If you’re creating a new cluster with Azure as one of the providers, it will now use non-burstable Azure instance types.
- Get more control if you see the need: interrupt and add a Spot Instance Node right from your Node list.
- And, as always, we've shipped some bug-fixes and performance improvements.
CAST AI welcomes the beloved Developer Cloud!2021-01-22
Support for Spot/Preemptive Instances added2021-01-22
- Spot instances, if applied correctly, can yield up to 60-80% cloud savings and are really useful for stateless workloads (think, micro-services). So, starting now, if you want to, we can tell our optimization engine to start purchasing Spot (Preemptive on GCP) instances for you. And if these instances are interrupted by the cloud provider, we automatically replace them! GCP & Azure instances will follow very shortly. Read more in our documentation.
Support for Wireguard2021-01-22
- If you want to use Wireguard as an alternative to Cloud VPN, you can now! Read more in our documentation.
Bootstrapping with our own product2020-12-17
- Check out our Multi-Cloud compare application running on AWS and GCP multi-cloud cluster
Additional changes to CAST AI console2020-12-17
- Create your API authentication tokens in the console
- CAST AI API is moved to a more intuitive domain – api.cast.ai
New Terraform provider2020-12-17
- We’ve launched a new Terraform provider. Access it at registry.terraform.io/providers/CastAI/castai
New documentation hub2020-12-17
- Access CAST AI documentation at docs.cast.ai. We’ve reworked it so you can find what you need more easily