Today CAST AI, the leading SaaS company specializing in autonomous Kubernetes operations and cloud cost management, introduced Cloud Security Insights, a security analysis tool which fully integrates into CAST AI’s signature cloud optimization platform. With the addition of Security Insights, CAST AI’s platform brings together a comprehensive suite of tools for automating Kubernetes cost reduction, cloud resource provisioning and security monitoring across Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
“With CAST AI, our customers now have a unified, automated platform to manage their Kubernetes clusters which not only secures their cloud native workloads, but also reduces their cloud costs and eliminates overprovisioning.” said Leon Kuperman, CTO at CAST AI. “Our customers typically see a reduction in their cloud bills by at least 50 percent after running cluster analysis. And now with the addition of Security Insights, they receive strategic recommendations to mitigate vulnerabilities, with no additional steps or effort required.”
CAST AI Security Insights was designed specifically to address gaps in security without requiring any additional steps on behalf of users. Research indicates more than half of deployed containers have one or more critical vulnerabilities.
CAST AI’s Security Insights are available – at no cost – to anyone running CAST AI’s free cloud cost savings reports. In addition to comprehensive cost monitoring, CAST AI provides all users with individually tailored security recommendations to mitigate cloud native workload security issues including public image vulnerabilities. CAST AI customers will also receive vulnerability insights into their private images.
Security Insights offers the following features:
- Kubernetes configuration checks, to ensure your cluster is configured according to best practices for pods and workloads. Users are provided with details on individual checks and resources through CAST AI’s user interface.
- Vulnerability scans, which offer an overview of potential issues that might appear due to container images downloaded from public registries.
- Round-the-clock visibility into your Kubernetes cluster configuration.
- Container image vulnerability detection and security recommendations arranged and presented in order of priority.
CAST AI Security Insights offers additional benefits to developers, security specialists and business executives. These include:
- Developers: no longer need to be burdened with securing containers. Security Insights makes the Kubernetes technology adoption journey secure and errorless, and offers guidance through best configuration practices, simplifying daily tasks related to security in cluster prioritization and remediation.
- Security specialists: are provided with a tool that ensures developers are aligned with the latest best practices, so potentially security risks are minimized.
- Business executives: immediately understand the full scale of security issues, where they exist and how to best mitigate them. Security Insights also provides insight into the current state of Kubernetes cluster security, as well as historical trends.
“Our longer term vision with Security Insights is to introduce even greater capabilities, such as compliance checks to ensure prescriptive guidance for security specialists and auditors,” continued Kuperman. “So while we’re starting by addressing our customers’ immediate needs, such as configuring solutions against best practices, notifying them about vulnerable components, and helping in remediation actions, we won’t stop there. Security Insights will integrate with AI and ML to help with access management, cluster assessment against CIS benchmarks, security and compliance policy enforcement, configuration drift detection and much more.”
Currently, Security Insights is available to a select number of customers, with general availability rollout underway. It will be available for free to the public at the https://cast.ai/cloud-security/
To learn more about CAST AI, run a free cloud cost savings report, and try Security Insights, visit CAST.AI.
About CAST AI:
CAST AI is a cloud optimization platform that cuts cloud bills in half for AWS, GCP, and Azure customers. Powered by AI, it analyzes multiple data points to find an optimal cost-performance ratio. The platform delivers a cost-efficient, high-performing, and resilient infrastructure for all types of Kubernetes workloads. Headquartered in Miami, US, CAST AI has a European branch in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Learn more: https://cast.ai/
Do you have any questions about CAST AI? Get in touch with our media department.